endemismotrasnochado

Spanning the globe with frequent and once in a while readers. I am interested in collecting, propagating plants, landscape management practices, ecology, environment, flora/fauna, in essence Nature. This blog is written in a blunt, abrasive fashion with consistent critical views on these subjects and others that may be related...or not.

jueves, 26 de noviembre de 2009

FROM HERE TO HOLLYWOOD?

WRITING the blog has brought great pleasures. Keeping mental sanity in the foolish, dull, society one has to maneuver daily is not easy. Perhaps the anecdote to
follow is idiotic and meaningless but it offers some hope. IDIOTS without vision are in
every continent. However these ones are in USA. www.hometownseeds.com to be more exact.

These mentally challenged individuals stated that: "We enjoy your blog and the information you have in it. We would like to link our site to your blog to increase our traffic. This would help tremendously". The offer? $19.98 worth of seeds, for your intercontinental, humble servant.

I know about seeds. I bought twenty four species, a wild flower mix, from a company
in California, not long ago, mentioned here. The result? Only 3 species germinated after following the instructions. Seeds for template countries do not do well in the tropics. It is a matter of genetics, temperature, length of day light and so on. I told my
friends in hometownseeds, that I would expect twenty fours species, instead of their
offer and ONLY if fifty percent of those seeds germinate, the deal will be on for ninety days.

Their response?" We are sorry. We are a small company, we can not send twenty four species". My reaction? You will remain a small company. Why should I put my reputation endorsing with a link, an unknown enterprise? What is the cost of an
ad in your neck of the woods, local newspaper? Do not waste my time and so long.

A NEW TREND FOR THE HOLIDAYS
THIS POST IS DEDICATED
TO OUR READERS IN

BOLLULLOS DE LA MITACIN
SAGUNTO
GLIDA

IN SPAIN

BARRANCA BERMEJA
CARTAGENA
CALI
MEDELLIN

IN COLOMBIA

TIME TO GO..

2 comentarios:

Ms. Conciencia dijo...

I did had the same problem some months ago. I bought one of those "green house" science proyects Toysrus sells, mine was the carnivorous plants one, and of all those seeds I planted, none grew there. I really was ashamed and angry with it, I really felt they stole my money...

Antigonum Cajan dijo...

Sorry for your loss. When one thinks of it is not necessarily the money issue is the energy and effort put
into into the project. The hope.

For that reason is important to find out their policy for money return, or any kind of seed exchange or whatever to be on the safe track.

If you followed the instructions and still feel they rip you off make
a complaint to the Better Business Bureau through the internet!

Have your receipt handy and fill
the forms. They do WORK!